Unfortunately, I've got a metal door frame that's set into a CMU (block) wall that is out of square. With the metal door installed on 4-1/2 x 4-1/2 hinges, it's tight at the top but has about a 3/4" gap at the bottom.
Does anyone know a way to adjust the door to proper spacing within the frame, without having to knock out the frame and re-set it? Which is the least preferable method.
Your help is greatly appreciated - adjustable hinges, shims, ... what else?
Addition out of square....layout for OSB
Size of door frames
Butt Threshold on new door.....should I have them lo...
I need help with removing door jams
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love