Unfortunately, I've got a metal door frame that's set into a CMU (block) wall that is out of square. With the metal door installed on 4-1/2 x 4-1/2 hinges, it's tight at the top but has about a 3/4" gap at the bottom.
Does anyone know a way to adjust the door to proper spacing within the frame, without having to knock out the frame and re-set it? Which is the least preferable method.
Your help is greatly appreciated - adjustable hinges, shims, ... what else?
Addition out of square....layout for OSB
Size of door frames
Butt Threshold on new door.....should I have them lo...
I need help with removing door jams
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers