My wife and I just bought a 4 unit building and are excited to rehab and move into the only unit that still has an old radiator. We love the idea of using heated floors since then the floors wont be so cold in Chicago winters and most importantly we won't need bulky furnace or duct work taking up the precious little 600 sqft.
Our main questions are
1. Are heated floors enough to heat a garden unit in Chicago?
2. How expensive are heated floors to run compared to forced air?
3. Since we already decided to redo the floor, how much of an extra cost is adding heated floors? Do you think it'll save money over installing duct work for forced air plus furnace?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects