My wife and I just bought a 4 unit building and are excited to rehab and move into the only unit that still has an old radiator. We love the idea of using heated floors since then the floors wont be so cold in Chicago winters and most importantly we won't need bulky furnace or duct work taking up the precious little 600 sqft.
Our main questions are
1. Are heated floors enough to heat a garden unit in Chicago?
2. How expensive are heated floors to run compared to forced air?
3. Since we already decided to redo the floor, how much of an extra cost is adding heated floors? Do you think it'll save money over installing duct work for forced air plus furnace?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!