My hard wired smoke detector has begun a VERY loud chirp every 20-30 minutes. I put a new battery in and it has continued. I've cleaned the inside of the casing. Any other ideas, please.
- Forum >
- Electrical & Lighting >
- smoke detector keeps beeping with new battery in (correctly) and hard wired.
I've had them beep for up to 10 minutes after I put a new battery in. There's something inside that needs to charge up. If not then replace the detector especially if it's 10 yrs or older.
Please help with hard-wired smoke detector issue...
2 new GE refrigerators and neither work
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects