I live in an ancient 1961 mobile home in Florida. An equally large square footage was added onto this home and has a cement floor. Added onto this was a large lanai also with cement flooring. Sometimes rainwater seeps into the lanai area, but it has never reached the center "room".
I would like to make my place safer as regards tornadoes, tropical storms, and hurricanes. I am wondering if it would be possible to build a small/tiny cinder block house within the walls of the middle "room" which already has a cement floor.
I am not permitted to build a real house on my property as it is zoned for manufactured homes, but the property is mine and
, if it were possible to have a small cinder block house within the confines of the central area; I would feel much safer about living here.
Is this a possibility and would it create a building sufficiently strong to weather severe winds? Thank you.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes