We're looking at fabricators for two -story modular housing, that would be installed in Texas. We would like a recommendation of companies that have experience with two-story modular/manufactured housing. Thanks.
Can you verify our understanding that the Building Codes associated with modular/manufactured housing fall under each State's "Division of Motor Vehicles" not under the International Residential Code? Thanks again.
The construction of manufactured homes is under the auspices of the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), and their placement depends on codes and ordinances in the jurisdiction of where the owner lives. Modular homes are governed by the same codes that govern site-built or traditional construction---typically state and local requirements---and are built to look like traditional homes.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects