We're looking at fabricators for two -story modular housing, that would be installed in Texas. We would like a recommendation of companies that have experience with two-story modular/manufactured housing. Thanks.
Can you verify our understanding that the Building Codes associated with modular/manufactured housing fall under each State's "Division of Motor Vehicles" not under the International Residential Code? Thanks again.
The construction of manufactured homes is under the auspices of the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), and their placement depends on codes and ordinances in the jurisdiction of where the owner lives. Modular homes are governed by the same codes that govern site-built or traditional construction---typically state and local requirements---and are built to look like traditional homes.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!