We're looking at fabricators for two -story modular housing, that would be installed in Texas. We would like a recommendation of companies that have experience with two-story modular/manufactured housing. Thanks.
Can you verify our understanding that the Building Codes associated with modular/manufactured housing fall under each State's "Division of Motor Vehicles" not under the International Residential Code? Thanks again.
The construction of manufactured homes is under the auspices of the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), and their placement depends on codes and ordinances in the jurisdiction of where the owner lives. Modular homes are governed by the same codes that govern site-built or traditional construction---typically state and local requirements---and are built to look like traditional homes.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 11 Signs of an Unhappy Houseplant
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Cool Shipping Container Homes
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 IKEA Favorites, DIY Style
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips