Moved into my new house which has been pre-wired for ceiling fans in each room. Trying to install a fan/light combo which is controlled by remote. In the wall I have 2 white wires 2 black wires and a single Red wire. In the ceiling I have 1 black, 1 red, 1 white and both location have grounds of course. The remote receiver has only a White and Black coming from the side that is supposed to connect to the wires from the ceiling. How do i connect this?
Tried connecting the 2 wall blacks together, leaving the wall red alone and capped. In the ceiling i connected white to white and black to black for the wires coming out of the remote receiver of which there are only 2 (1 black and 1 white) on the other side of the receiver there are 1 blue, 1 white and 1 black, these are connected to the respective wires coming from the fan itself. I also left the red wire coming from the ceiling out and capped. I still am not able to turn the Fan off.
Check to make sure the dip switches (if any) are the same sequence on the remote transmitter and receiver.
Ceiling fan wiring
Installing a Ceiling Fan with Knob and Tube Wiring
Hampton Bay 56 Antigua ceiling fan with light kit
Remote controlled 54" ceiling fan with light fixture...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!