Moved into my new house which has been pre-wired for ceiling fans in each room. Trying to install a fan/light combo which is controlled by remote. In the wall I have 2 white wires 2 black wires and a single Red wire. In the ceiling I have 1 black, 1 red, 1 white and both location have grounds of course. The remote receiver has only a White and Black coming from the side that is supposed to connect to the wires from the ceiling. How do i connect this?
Tried connecting the 2 wall blacks together, leaving the wall red alone and capped. In the ceiling i connected white to white and black to black for the wires coming out of the remote receiver of which there are only 2 (1 black and 1 white) on the other side of the receiver there are 1 blue, 1 white and 1 black, these are connected to the respective wires coming from the fan itself. I also left the red wire coming from the ceiling out and capped. I still am not able to turn the Fan off.
Check to make sure the dip switches (if any) are the same sequence on the remote transmitter and receiver.
Ceiling fan wiring
Installing a Ceiling Fan with Knob and Tube Wiring
Hampton Bay 56 Antigua ceiling fan with light kit
Remote controlled 54" ceiling fan with light fixture...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- 16 Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!