Moved into my new house which has been pre-wired for ceiling fans in each room. Trying to install a fan/light combo which is controlled by remote. In the wall I have 2 white wires 2 black wires and a single Red wire. In the ceiling I have 1 black, 1 red, 1 white and both location have grounds of course. The remote receiver has only a White and Black coming from the side that is supposed to connect to the wires from the ceiling. How do i connect this?
Tried connecting the 2 wall blacks together, leaving the wall red alone and capped. In the ceiling i connected white to white and black to black for the wires coming out of the remote receiver of which there are only 2 (1 black and 1 white) on the other side of the receiver there are 1 blue, 1 white and 1 black, these are connected to the respective wires coming from the fan itself. I also left the red wire coming from the ceiling out and capped. I still am not able to turn the Fan off.
Check to make sure the dip switches (if any) are the same sequence on the remote transmitter and receiver.
Ceiling fan wiring
Installing a Ceiling Fan with Knob and Tube Wiring
Hampton Bay 56 Antigua ceiling fan with light kit
Remote controlled 54" ceiling fan with light fixture...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!