Moved into my new house which has been pre-wired for ceiling fans in each room. Trying to install a fan/light combo which is controlled by remote. In the wall I have 2 white wires 2 black wires and a single Red wire. In the ceiling I have 1 black, 1 red, 1 white and both location have grounds of course. The remote receiver has only a White and Black coming from the side that is supposed to connect to the wires from the ceiling. How do i connect this?
Tried connecting the 2 wall blacks together, leaving the wall red alone and capped. In the ceiling i connected white to white and black to black for the wires coming out of the remote receiver of which there are only 2 (1 black and 1 white) on the other side of the receiver there are 1 blue, 1 white and 1 black, these are connected to the respective wires coming from the fan itself. I also left the red wire coming from the ceiling out and capped. I still am not able to turn the Fan off.
Check to make sure the dip switches (if any) are the same sequence on the remote transmitter and receiver.
Ceiling fan wiring
Installing a Ceiling Fan with Knob and Tube Wiring
Hampton Bay 56 Antigua ceiling fan with light kit
Remote controlled 54" ceiling fan with light fixture...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes