I wired my four wire range (red,black,white,green) to an unused existing 3 wire(red,black,white)dryer feed on a 40 amp breaker. The dryer feed does not have a ground wire. I connected the stove's green wire to the metal junction box I used to splice the dryer feed to the 10-3 wire I ran from the stove. After I made the connection and turned on the breaker, the circuit tripped, immediately.
Did I destroy my nice, new, dual-fuel oven?)^:
My plan now is to remove the dryer feed wire and run 10-3(with ground) from panel to range.
Hooray! I did not destroy my range. Turns out, when I clamped the wire to the metal outlet box, I tightened it too much and penetrated the insulation, thus shorting out the circuit.
how to determine proper gas line size??
Calif - Can I use flex conduit to subpanel inside ga...
Installing plug on range
Admiral Metal Kitchen Cabinets
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 3 New Ways to Decorate with Fallen Leaves
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!