I have two antigue leaded glass windows that I would like to use in a custom-made bi-fold door. Because they are heavy, I need to find someone in the Chicago area that I can deliver the windows too and later pick up the doors. Does anyone have any idea how I can find a custom door maker? Most woodworking shops don't seem to deal in doors.
Try your local home improvement store for mfgs of the doors - Simpson Doors has a custom department I believe. I would also try going to a windows/doors supplier - ask a contractor in your area for a large supplier (Strober Building is a large one that has locations throughout the US) - if they can't order a custom door for you they will know which mfg can do it. Expect to pay a lot though, much much more than a "standard" closet door, as it will be a one-off order.
We make custom doors, we are near ann arbor michigan. We normaly tell customers to cut out a template of cardboard and send it in we would need to know the thickness. If you need further help contact me at 248-207-4310
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!