I live in NYC in a first floor apartment that faces the alley to the back. MY problem is that no daylight comes into my apartment because there is another building next to mine. is there anything that i can do to redirect the light that comes in the alley in to the apartment like ie.Mirrors,Aluminum? Please help i can't afford another apt so i have no choice but to try to find a solution. is this even possible? hope to hear from someone soon thanks...
Check out your options in Solatube or Sun Tunnel products. I know that they will bring in light from a roof, but you may have to modify your windows to install a light tube. Perhaps find a vent that you could do without and use that pathway outdoors.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight