I recently installed a new exterior door (30x80 prehung 4" exterior walls). when I installed the door everything was perfect. The gap between the door frame and the door itself was perfect. The door was level, everything seemed great. 2 days later it seems as though the top corner of the door has moved causing the door to hit the latch side of the frame at the top. I used expanding foam to insulate around the door but that was right away and this didn't happen until 2 days after install. I dont have the trim installed around the door yet. is it possible that the hinges have sagged a little? should I just readjust the door frame? What to do??? Any help is appreciated.
Thank you in advance.
I dont think you should of used spray foam insulation on your doors most door installer do not use it, because of when it drys it does expand causing the door to shift,you can never be certain if you have the same amount on each side.if you have not done the trim work I would remove the door and take off the spray foam, do a rough test and if it is not level on all side use shims to level it, then silicone the edges of the door frame, then caulk outer edges of where the door
Exterior Door to Replace Window
replacing an exterior door
Reversing an exterior door from swinging out to swin...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes