I recently installed a new exterior door (30x80 prehung 4" exterior walls). when I installed the door everything was perfect. The gap between the door frame and the door itself was perfect. The door was level, everything seemed great. 2 days later it seems as though the top corner of the door has moved causing the door to hit the latch side of the frame at the top. I used expanding foam to insulate around the door but that was right away and this didn't happen until 2 days after install. I dont have the trim installed around the door yet. is it possible that the hinges have sagged a little? should I just readjust the door frame? What to do??? Any help is appreciated.
Thank you in advance.
I dont think you should of used spray foam insulation on your doors most door installer do not use it, because of when it drys it does expand causing the door to shift,you can never be certain if you have the same amount on each side.if you have not done the trim work I would remove the door and take off the spray foam, do a rough test and if it is not level on all side use shims to level it, then silicone the edges of the door frame, then caulk outer edges of where the door
Exterior Door to Replace Window
replacing an exterior door
Reversing an exterior door from swinging out to swin...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 3 New Ways to Decorate with Fallen Leaves
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!