I own this Craftsman Lawn mower for over 6 years, and it's second hand. I used all that time with no problem at all. The whole maintains I did is only changing oil every year and of course sharpening blades.
Yesterday was a hot day and I began experience troubles to re-start engine after it been shut off for a short period of time. No matter what I did, with prime or no prime, the engine wont start when I cranked.
The only way for me to make it fire up, is try to crank it very rapidly, I had to pull the string numerous of times and very fast (up to 20). And it happened each time after I stop the engine (had to stop and clean the bag from the grass). When it finally starts, it were very unstable for couple of seconds, then run perfectly fine, until next stop.
I pull the spark, gap looks fine to me. I see some oil around the air filter, but nothing dramatic. Hope some one can respond to my question, before I get the ticket for not cutting my grass:(.
Thanks in advance.
I fixed my problem mower today 8/10/07 by purchasing part #632671C a replacement Carbureator that comes with a metal heat shield that replaces the original black paper combo shield and gasket. Age and heat had taken their toll and with a new air filter it starts with one pull just like new. Runs great too.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 5 Rakes Every Homeowner Should Know
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 8 DIY Storage Solutions for a Closet-less Room
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 8 Great DIY Ways to Use Cinder Blocks
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Perfect Projects
- 8 Countertops You'd Never Believe Were Handmade
- 13 Terror-ific Yards All Decked Out for Halloween
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Design Inspirations for Your Small Bedroom
- Deck the Doors: 10 Wreaths for Autumn Decorating
- 7 Tools to Wage War Against Leaves
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY