Two summers ago we painted the wooden framed storm door insert, and the front door into which it inserts.
We took the insert out, used flat, latex paint,and painted them separately.
We put them back together after the paint had been dry for two or three days. That obviously wasn't enough time for the paint to cure, and the insert is frozen into the door half-way across the bottom of the frame, and maybe 3/4 of the way up one side.
I've used a rubber mallat and putty knife to get through some of it, but am afraid I'll break the glass if I go at it too hard.
I've tried to free that dang-blasted insert in hot weather, high humidity, dry days, in the dead of winter (32 degrees below zero), and under every other condition I could think of, but can't crack the code.
Can someone please help me?
Thanks in advance!
Glass on storm door makes front door extremely hot
Storm Door Problem
Best repair for sagging storm door
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes