We're currently in the process of buying a 1-story single family house. It was found during inspection that 3 of the windows (2 in the rear wall, and 1 on the side wall, all located in bedrooms) were newly replaced. It turns out that the previous owner had converted the 3 windows to doors to open directly to the rear and side yard, then it was converted back recently to windows. We saw some cracks on the wall near the windows, that run 12 - 24 inches.
I'm concerned about the structual integrity of the walls, after being converted twice (window -> door -> window). Also I'm concerned about the cracks and potential leakage from rain and moisture.
Would you advise to still buy this house, or should we walk away?
Thanks in advance for any advice or comments!
Is it bad to do two brands/types of windows in home?...
Stain around white kitchen cabinet doors
Bob Vila Power Gear Battery Back Up
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!