We're currently in the process of buying a 1-story single family house. It was found during inspection that 3 of the windows (2 in the rear wall, and 1 on the side wall, all located in bedrooms) were newly replaced. It turns out that the previous owner had converted the 3 windows to doors to open directly to the rear and side yard, then it was converted back recently to windows. We saw some cracks on the wall near the windows, that run 12 - 24 inches.
I'm concerned about the structual integrity of the walls, after being converted twice (window -> door -> window). Also I'm concerned about the cracks and potential leakage from rain and moisture.
Would you advise to still buy this house, or should we walk away?
Thanks in advance for any advice or comments!
Is it bad to do two brands/types of windows in home?...
Stain around white kitchen cabinet doors
Bob Vila Power Gear Battery Back Up
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Quick and Creative Stocking Stuffers
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Must-Do Projects for November
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- The Top 10 Artificial Christmas Trees