We're currently in the process of buying a 1-story single family house. It was found during inspection that 3 of the windows (2 in the rear wall, and 1 on the side wall, all located in bedrooms) were newly replaced. It turns out that the previous owner had converted the 3 windows to doors to open directly to the rear and side yard, then it was converted back recently to windows. We saw some cracks on the wall near the windows, that run 12 - 24 inches.
I'm concerned about the structual integrity of the walls, after being converted twice (window -> door -> window). Also I'm concerned about the cracks and potential leakage from rain and moisture.
Would you advise to still buy this house, or should we walk away?
Thanks in advance for any advice or comments!
Is it bad to do two brands/types of windows in home?...
Stain around white kitchen cabinet doors
Bob Vila Power Gear Battery Back Up
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes