We're currently in the process of buying a 1-story single family house. It was found during inspection that 3 of the windows (2 in the rear wall, and 1 on the side wall, all located in bedrooms) were newly replaced. It turns out that the previous owner had converted the 3 windows to doors to open directly to the rear and side yard, then it was converted back recently to windows. We saw some cracks on the wall near the windows, that run 12 - 24 inches.
I'm concerned about the structual integrity of the walls, after being converted twice (window -> door -> window). Also I'm concerned about the cracks and potential leakage from rain and moisture.
Would you advise to still buy this house, or should we walk away?
Thanks in advance for any advice or comments!
Is it bad to do two brands/types of windows in home?...
Stain around white kitchen cabinet doors
Bob Vila Power Gear Battery Back Up
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 10 DIY Ways Renters Can Customize Their Space
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- 10 Ways to Bring Typography Style Home
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- Uses for Beer & Booze Around the House
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 10 Secondhand Shopping Tips