We're currently in the process of buying a 1-story single family house. It was found during inspection that 3 of the windows (2 in the rear wall, and 1 on the side wall, all located in bedrooms) were newly replaced. It turns out that the previous owner had converted the 3 windows to doors to open directly to the rear and side yard, then it was converted back recently to windows. We saw some cracks on the wall near the windows, that run 12 - 24 inches.
I'm concerned about the structual integrity of the walls, after being converted twice (window -> door -> window). Also I'm concerned about the cracks and potential leakage from rain and moisture.
Would you advise to still buy this house, or should we walk away?
Thanks in advance for any advice or comments!
Is it bad to do two brands/types of windows in home?...
Stain around white kitchen cabinet doors
Bob Vila Power Gear Battery Back Up
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Decked Out: 12 Innovative Outdoor Living Designs
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 8 (Truly) Unexpected Storage Spots
- 12 Celebrities' Cool Pools
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 9 Easy-to-Make Garden Luminaries
- Colorful Kitchens: 10 Bright & Bold Designs