My 6 year old house has what looks like rather large cracks coming off of the top of one window upstairs. The cracks come off at a 45 degree angle for several inches (one as much as 6 or so inches).
Then on the right side of the window, there is a horizontal line that I believe is where there is a seam where two pieces of drywall meet.
I have heard that such things are normal, and I have heard that they are serious.
I don't quite understand the question. Are any of these cracks on the window, or is drywall cracks only?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Prefab-ulous: 14 Jaw-Dropping Modern Homes
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- Why Are "Natural" Swimming Pools Popular?
- 9 Ways of Adding Moldings to Walls
- 1 Dozen Ways to Make the Most of a Small Yard
- 13 Easy Lanterns to Make for Your Porch or Patio
- 12 Expert Tips for a Fantastic Front Yard