we live in michigan. we moved to our new home in October ,2007. i noticed some kind of fungai or mold in the inner side of my windows, especially in all the bathroom windows. when i asked my builder he asked me to treat it with some bleech. but it keeps forming. what should i do to prevent?
After you have cleared it up, keep cleaning it with the bleach solution that you are using to prevent it from coming back. You're just going to have to clean it as a regular part of bathroom cleaning since mold is obviously a problem.
If your windows are usually covered with shades, that can be a contributing factor because it traps the air. Also, houses are built so air tight nowadays that condensation on windows is an issue for many -- especially when the indoor and outdoor temperature varies greatly. Be sure to keep the humidity in your house below 36%. You may have to measure this because what feels like low humidity to people and what the humidity actually is, can be two different things. Showers, cooking, etc., without ventilation to the outdoors can increase humidity in your house.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!