we live in michigan. we moved to our new home in October ,2007. i noticed some kind of fungai or mold in the inner side of my windows, especially in all the bathroom windows. when i asked my builder he asked me to treat it with some bleech. but it keeps forming. what should i do to prevent?
After you have cleared it up, keep cleaning it with the bleach solution that you are using to prevent it from coming back. You're just going to have to clean it as a regular part of bathroom cleaning since mold is obviously a problem.
If your windows are usually covered with shades, that can be a contributing factor because it traps the air. Also, houses are built so air tight nowadays that condensation on windows is an issue for many -- especially when the indoor and outdoor temperature varies greatly. Be sure to keep the humidity in your house below 36%. You may have to measure this because what feels like low humidity to people and what the humidity actually is, can be two different things. Showers, cooking, etc., without ventilation to the outdoors can increase humidity in your house.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot Furnace Problems (Before Calling In the Pros)
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- DIY Workbenches: 5 You Can Build in a Weekend
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Knock-Your-Socks-Off Laundry Room Ideas
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- Three Ways to Find a Wall Stud (Without Fancy Equipment)
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!