we live in michigan. we moved to our new home in October ,2007. i noticed some kind of fungai or mold in the inner side of my windows, especially in all the bathroom windows. when i asked my builder he asked me to treat it with some bleech. but it keeps forming. what should i do to prevent?
After you have cleared it up, keep cleaning it with the bleach solution that you are using to prevent it from coming back. You're just going to have to clean it as a regular part of bathroom cleaning since mold is obviously a problem.
If your windows are usually covered with shades, that can be a contributing factor because it traps the air. Also, houses are built so air tight nowadays that condensation on windows is an issue for many -- especially when the indoor and outdoor temperature varies greatly. Be sure to keep the humidity in your house below 36%. You may have to measure this because what feels like low humidity to people and what the humidity actually is, can be two different things. Showers, cooking, etc., without ventilation to the outdoors can increase humidity in your house.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes