My house is 4 years old and we purchased it from a modular home company called Customized Structures in NH.
We have had leaking in the two windows that are in our dormers. It looks like it enters where the jamb meets the sill. I have had a MW Rep out and he said it wasn't the window but installation. I then had a contractor remove the window and place ice and water barrier all around the opening and even installed a new system that has a plastic pan that is placed on the sill before you install the window. The window still leaks and the water now sits on the plastic pan rather than the sill of the opening. I had MW out again and again they say installation.I'am very frustrated not sure where to go from here.Fortunately my upstairs is unfinished so I don't have any damage yet. Is anyone having the same issue or advice on how I should handle this?
Our builder recommended M&Wwindows when we built our house in 1995. We began having problems with our window sills on the outside a couple of years ago. Now they look like they are coming apart. There has never been a good seal on three bay windows. Has anyone else had this problem?
Since water does collect at the pan/Sill it seems that it is draining as designed. The window should have weepholes, either visible or within the system. I have seen a lot of installations were mass of caulking was used around the windows covering up the openings(weepholes) and not allowing the water to escape.The key in windows installation is not ( like so many believe)how to prevent water from entering the opening(because sooner or later it will)but how to drain it once its in. detailed pictures would help and you can send them to my website www.probuildersmall.com if you wish, I maybe able to assist with my advise
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 21 Expert Choices for Fail-Safe Paint Colors
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 5 DIY Farm Table Projects That Will Last a Lifetime
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!