My house is 4 years old and we purchased it from a modular home company called Customized Structures in NH.
We have had leaking in the two windows that are in our dormers. It looks like it enters where the jamb meets the sill. I have had a MW Rep out and he said it wasn't the window but installation. I then had a contractor remove the window and place ice and water barrier all around the opening and even installed a new system that has a plastic pan that is placed on the sill before you install the window. The window still leaks and the water now sits on the plastic pan rather than the sill of the opening. I had MW out again and again they say installation.I'am very frustrated not sure where to go from here.Fortunately my upstairs is unfinished so I don't have any damage yet. Is anyone having the same issue or advice on how I should handle this?
Our builder recommended M&Wwindows when we built our house in 1995. We began having problems with our window sills on the outside a couple of years ago. Now they look like they are coming apart. There has never been a good seal on three bay windows. Has anyone else had this problem?
Since water does collect at the pan/Sill it seems that it is draining as designed. The window should have weepholes, either visible or within the system. I have seen a lot of installations were mass of caulking was used around the windows covering up the openings(weepholes) and not allowing the water to escape.The key in windows installation is not ( like so many believe)how to prevent water from entering the opening(because sooner or later it will)but how to drain it once its in. detailed pictures would help and you can send them to my website www.probuildersmall.com if you wish, I maybe able to assist with my advise
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes