I need to replace the combustion blower fan wheel on my Lennox hm 30 complete heat unit. All on line parts suppliers want over $500 for complete blower and motor. Does any one know how to help me buy and reistall only the defective fan wheel itself. Thanks in advance.
This was my experience so take it for what it is worth. My combustion fan began a loud noise that you could hear throughout the house. I did the research online and found that replacing the unit was indeed expensive. I initially thought it was a bearing inside the housing but it wasn't, it was the bearings on the small motor. I had an electric motor repair shop fellow come inspect and he confirmed. My goal was to remove the unit (comb fan) and have the bearings changed out and then replace the unit the same day. The only glitch was the ignitor/flame sensor which was nearly shot so I decided to replace it too. You will most likely have to as well because it comes with the new gaskets that you will have to replace. It is a little tricky removing the housing, but not impossible if you take your time. Cost for bearings and replacement was about $60 and approx $130 for the ignitor kit. I cleaned the burner while I had everything disassembled which I think helped too. Certainly took care of the problem and for a lot less investment.
My problem with the blower was that the impeller was warped as it is very thin aluminum. I took the unit to a shop to have them remove the impeller and strengthen it. They were unable to remove the impeller from the shaft and returned the unit to me. In their attempts to remove the impeller, they actually straightened it out so now it works fine and has done so for a number of months! There was no charge for their efforts.I have put replacing the unit on hold.
new furnance sounds like lawn mower
Should OSB (wood) be used to make a return air plenum?
Lennox Furnace Problems
coleman furnace noise
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects