I need to replace the combustion blower fan wheel on my Lennox hm 30 complete heat unit. All on line parts suppliers want over $500 for complete blower and motor. Does any one know how to help me buy and reistall only the defective fan wheel itself. Thanks in advance.
This was my experience so take it for what it is worth. My combustion fan began a loud noise that you could hear throughout the house. I did the research online and found that replacing the unit was indeed expensive. I initially thought it was a bearing inside the housing but it wasn't, it was the bearings on the small motor. I had an electric motor repair shop fellow come inspect and he confirmed. My goal was to remove the unit (comb fan) and have the bearings changed out and then replace the unit the same day. The only glitch was the ignitor/flame sensor which was nearly shot so I decided to replace it too. You will most likely have to as well because it comes with the new gaskets that you will have to replace. It is a little tricky removing the housing, but not impossible if you take your time. Cost for bearings and replacement was about $60 and approx $130 for the ignitor kit. I cleaned the burner while I had everything disassembled which I think helped too. Certainly took care of the problem and for a lot less investment.
My problem with the blower was that the impeller was warped as it is very thin aluminum. I took the unit to a shop to have them remove the impeller and strengthen it. They were unable to remove the impeller from the shaft and returned the unit to me. In their attempts to remove the impeller, they actually straightened it out so now it works fine and has done so for a number of months! There was no charge for their efforts.I have put replacing the unit on hold.
new furnance sounds like lawn mower
Should OSB (wood) be used to make a return air plenum?
Lennox Furnace Problems
coleman furnace noise
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- 15 Fast Fixes for Your Home Facade
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers