I need to replace the combustion blower fan wheel on my Lennox hm 30 complete heat unit. All on line parts suppliers want over $500 for complete blower and motor. Does any one know how to help me buy and reistall only the defective fan wheel itself. Thanks in advance.
This was my experience so take it for what it is worth. My combustion fan began a loud noise that you could hear throughout the house. I did the research online and found that replacing the unit was indeed expensive. I initially thought it was a bearing inside the housing but it wasn't, it was the bearings on the small motor. I had an electric motor repair shop fellow come inspect and he confirmed. My goal was to remove the unit (comb fan) and have the bearings changed out and then replace the unit the same day. The only glitch was the ignitor/flame sensor which was nearly shot so I decided to replace it too. You will most likely have to as well because it comes with the new gaskets that you will have to replace. It is a little tricky removing the housing, but not impossible if you take your time. Cost for bearings and replacement was about $60 and approx $130 for the ignitor kit. I cleaned the burner while I had everything disassembled which I think helped too. Certainly took care of the problem and for a lot less investment.
My problem with the blower was that the impeller was warped as it is very thin aluminum. I took the unit to a shop to have them remove the impeller and strengthen it. They were unable to remove the impeller from the shaft and returned the unit to me. In their attempts to remove the impeller, they actually straightened it out so now it works fine and has done so for a number of months! There was no charge for their efforts.I have put replacing the unit on hold.
new furnance sounds like lawn mower
Should OSB (wood) be used to make a return air plenum?
Lennox Furnace Problems
coleman furnace noise
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- Weekend Projects: DIY Thanksgiving Decor
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Forgiving Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- Bob Vila's Top 10 Artificial Christmas Trees
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- 10 Quick Fixes for a More Refreshing Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Cool Shipping Container Homes
- 16 Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!