I need to replace the combustion blower fan wheel on my Lennox hm 30 complete heat unit. All on line parts suppliers want over $500 for complete blower and motor. Does any one know how to help me buy and reistall only the defective fan wheel itself. Thanks in advance.
This was my experience so take it for what it is worth. My combustion fan began a loud noise that you could hear throughout the house. I did the research online and found that replacing the unit was indeed expensive. I initially thought it was a bearing inside the housing but it wasn't, it was the bearings on the small motor. I had an electric motor repair shop fellow come inspect and he confirmed. My goal was to remove the unit (comb fan) and have the bearings changed out and then replace the unit the same day. The only glitch was the ignitor/flame sensor which was nearly shot so I decided to replace it too. You will most likely have to as well because it comes with the new gaskets that you will have to replace. It is a little tricky removing the housing, but not impossible if you take your time. Cost for bearings and replacement was about $60 and approx $130 for the ignitor kit. I cleaned the burner while I had everything disassembled which I think helped too. Certainly took care of the problem and for a lot less investment.
My problem with the blower was that the impeller was warped as it is very thin aluminum. I took the unit to a shop to have them remove the impeller and strengthen it. They were unable to remove the impeller from the shaft and returned the unit to me. In their attempts to remove the impeller, they actually straightened it out so now it works fine and has done so for a number of months! There was no charge for their efforts.I have put replacing the unit on hold.
new furnance sounds like lawn mower
Should OSB (wood) be used to make a return air plenum?
Lennox Furnace Problems
coleman furnace noise
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!