The local discount window store is selling an American Weather Seal T10 triple glass low E Krypton gas window claiming .20 U values and 9 R values. Approximate Cost $230 per unit.
Most windows I've seen are double glass and .30 U value is the best they offer with low E coating and gas fill. Makes me think the AWS T10 window is a good deal if it lives up to the performance rating and is good quality - but how can I tell if it is a good quality window.
Does anyone have experience with American Weather Seal? How has it held up for you?
I looking for customer reviews of AWS T10 windows that these are replacement vinyl Slider windows I am looking at. Additionally, I wonder if the increased weight of triple glass could increase friction and make it difficult to open these windows or shorten the track life on a slider?
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING