I bought and installed a 6ft. french door in 1999. The door in now rottened. The company that purchased the Probilt company sent me their warranty on products purchased after 2003, and they indicated that this was a maintance issue. I am hoping that someone out there has a copy of the orginal warranty issued by Probilt in 1999. I will appreciate any information that I can receive. Thank you.
I bought some in 2000 and they are rotten too. I believe i first noticed it in 2008 or 2009. But have had difficulty finding probuilts number. I bought the doors in 2000 and they had either lifetime warrant for 10 or 15 years but however i can find anybody with that company now. I believe it was an engineering issue because there was a piece of plastic styrofoam type material on door opposite of otherdoor that had loccking system. Where this material attached to door it caused moisture to be trapped thus rooting wooden structure of door. There probably is a lawsuit about this malfunction, if not there should be.
I need to replace the wood strip on the threshold, does anyone have contact info for this company????
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!