I bought and installed a 6ft. french door in 1999. The door in now rottened. The company that purchased the Probilt company sent me their warranty on products purchased after 2003, and they indicated that this was a maintance issue. I am hoping that someone out there has a copy of the orginal warranty issued by Probilt in 1999. I will appreciate any information that I can receive. Thank you.
I bought some in 2000 and they are rotten too. I believe i first noticed it in 2008 or 2009. But have had difficulty finding probuilts number. I bought the doors in 2000 and they had either lifetime warrant for 10 or 15 years but however i can find anybody with that company now. I believe it was an engineering issue because there was a piece of plastic styrofoam type material on door opposite of otherdoor that had loccking system. Where this material attached to door it caused moisture to be trapped thus rooting wooden structure of door. There probably is a lawsuit about this malfunction, if not there should be.
I need to replace the wood strip on the threshold, does anyone have contact info for this company????
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects