I bought and installed a 6ft. french door in 1999. The door in now rottened. The company that purchased the Probilt company sent me their warranty on products purchased after 2003, and they indicated that this was a maintance issue. I am hoping that someone out there has a copy of the orginal warranty issued by Probilt in 1999. I will appreciate any information that I can receive. Thank you.
I bought some in 2000 and they are rotten too. I believe i first noticed it in 2008 or 2009. But have had difficulty finding probuilts number. I bought the doors in 2000 and they had either lifetime warrant for 10 or 15 years but however i can find anybody with that company now. I believe it was an engineering issue because there was a piece of plastic styrofoam type material on door opposite of otherdoor that had loccking system. Where this material attached to door it caused moisture to be trapped thus rooting wooden structure of door. There probably is a lawsuit about this malfunction, if not there should be.
I need to replace the wood strip on the threshold, does anyone have contact info for this company????
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING