My wife and i built our home in 2001 using M&W windows as recommended, two years ago we noticed wood rot starting. This is very diappointing.
There is a class action lawsuit against MW. Our house was built in 1998 and our windows have been rotting for a few years. The aluminum even separated from the wood on one of them. We contacted MW a few years ago about problem, and the only thing they offered were discounted replacements. Nothing but a bunch of junk they are selling!
Back in the early 90's I purchased Approx. $22,000 worth of windows from Marvin. I have been in the process of replacing them 1 by 1. They were high end wood with exterior aluminum cladding. The wood started rotting from the inside out. the distributor that I bought them from is just as unethical as Marvin themselves. As soon as trouble started they dropped them and would not claim any responsibility. Marvin customer service reps are rude and uncooperative. I have switched to Pella which seem to be performing ok so far.
Rotting Sills with MW windows
MW Windows-We can diagnose and prove your problems.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects