My wife and i built our home in 2001 using M&W windows as recommended, two years ago we noticed wood rot starting. This is very diappointing.
There is a class action lawsuit against MW. Our house was built in 1998 and our windows have been rotting for a few years. The aluminum even separated from the wood on one of them. We contacted MW a few years ago about problem, and the only thing they offered were discounted replacements. Nothing but a bunch of junk they are selling!
Back in the early 90's I purchased Approx. $22,000 worth of windows from Marvin. I have been in the process of replacing them 1 by 1. They were high end wood with exterior aluminum cladding. The wood started rotting from the inside out. the distributor that I bought them from is just as unethical as Marvin themselves. As soon as trouble started they dropped them and would not claim any responsibility. Marvin customer service reps are rude and uncooperative. I have switched to Pella which seem to be performing ok so far.
Rotting Sills with MW windows
MW Windows-We can diagnose and prove your problems.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!