I'm thinking of purchasing a home with Jelden (sp?) windows and Caradco doors on a sunroom built in August of 2008. The above is kind of scary. Does anyone have experience with the products made around that time?
Same Stupid situation.. I have 45 double hung Caradco window in by house which was built in 2000. I have 18 of them that have fogged up and cna't even see through. I did get some replacement glass from Weld-Jen. When replacing them, about 7 of the sashes have rotted. These are Aluminum clad windows, The bottom of the clad has actually pulled loose.
I forgot to add, Jeld-Wen has offered me a 40% off for the replacement sashes which they quoted the dicount price of $170 for the bottom sash and $140 for the top sash....What a Bargain, right....
We have a 5000 square foot house in Charlotte we built in 1988 tha thas Caradco windows that are still in good shape.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 142 Remarkable Houses Around the World
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- Shelf Life: 10 Bookcase Projects You Can DIY
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- 11 Amazing Homemade Sheds to Inspire Your Own
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- Recipe for Success: 10 Easy Kitchen Storage Hacks
- Winning Combinations: 9 "Can't Miss" Color Schemes
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- The Ultimate All-Natural Cleaning Guide