I'm thinking of purchasing a home with Jelden (sp?) windows and Caradco doors on a sunroom built in August of 2008. The above is kind of scary. Does anyone have experience with the products made around that time?
Same Stupid situation.. I have 45 double hung Caradco window in by house which was built in 2000. I have 18 of them that have fogged up and cna't even see through. I did get some replacement glass from Weld-Jen. When replacing them, about 7 of the sashes have rotted. These are Aluminum clad windows, The bottom of the clad has actually pulled loose.
I forgot to add, Jeld-Wen has offered me a 40% off for the replacement sashes which they quoted the dicount price of $170 for the bottom sash and $140 for the top sash....What a Bargain, right....
We have a 5000 square foot house in Charlotte we built in 1988 tha thas Caradco windows that are still in good shape.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top 11 Color Trends to Follow in 2014
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers