I'm thinking of purchasing a home with Jelden (sp?) windows and Caradco doors on a sunroom built in August of 2008. The above is kind of scary. Does anyone have experience with the products made around that time?
Same Stupid situation.. I have 45 double hung Caradco window in by house which was built in 2000. I have 18 of them that have fogged up and cna't even see through. I did get some replacement glass from Weld-Jen. When replacing them, about 7 of the sashes have rotted. These are Aluminum clad windows, The bottom of the clad has actually pulled loose.
I forgot to add, Jeld-Wen has offered me a 40% off for the replacement sashes which they quoted the dicount price of $170 for the bottom sash and $140 for the top sash....What a Bargain, right....
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING