We purchased a Mastercraft front door from Menards, this door & side windows are a piece of junk, this door is only 3 years old. Where do I begin, the door faces the west side of our house, in the winter we can not use the door, because it has to be seal closed and we have to cover it with a blanket, because of the wind & poor insulation of the windows. You can just feel the cold come though it. We paid about $2,500.00 for the door and side windows, it makes me sick. I went back to Menards about 6 months after purchasing and stated the problems we were having, their comment was no one else is having these problems. Now the problem is the door handle won't open, the door is permittedly locked. Last year we added a storm door, which helped a little, but not much. Is anyone else out there having these problems and is there anything we can do.
I can so relate. We just bgt 5 FIVE mastercraft french doors for new construction. ALL 5 leaked (even interior glass seal was broke and leaked water from the interior). SEE PIC Nightmare dealing with Menards/Mastercraft/Midwest Manufacturing. Menards Mgr reluctantly let us return the 5 (only b/c we've spent $100K there this year)...but we kept one on the south side and a couple of singles. So SORRY that we chose this brand. POOR, poor quality...and a nightmare dealing with the red-tape. THEY BLAME install and ALL SAY, "we've never heard that before" or "no one else complains". Yeah right. I'm getting online and warning as many people as I can...don't buy Mastercraft. If you think we're a fluke, go ahead and purchase the cheap doors. You've been warned!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!