We purchased a Mastercraft front door from Menards, this door & side windows are a piece of junk, this door is only 3 years old. Where do I begin, the door faces the west side of our house, in the winter we can not use the door, because it has to be seal closed and we have to cover it with a blanket, because of the wind & poor insulation of the windows. You can just feel the cold come though it. We paid about $2,500.00 for the door and side windows, it makes me sick. I went back to Menards about 6 months after purchasing and stated the problems we were having, their comment was no one else is having these problems. Now the problem is the door handle won't open, the door is permittedly locked. Last year we added a storm door, which helped a little, but not much. Is anyone else out there having these problems and is there anything we can do.
I can so relate. We just bgt 5 FIVE mastercraft french doors for new construction. ALL 5 leaked (even interior glass seal was broke and leaked water from the interior). SEE PIC Nightmare dealing with Menards/Mastercraft/Midwest Manufacturing. Menards Mgr reluctantly let us return the 5 (only b/c we've spent $100K there this year)...but we kept one on the south side and a couple of singles. So SORRY that we chose this brand. POOR, poor quality...and a nightmare dealing with the red-tape. THEY BLAME install and ALL SAY, "we've never heard that before" or "no one else complains". Yeah right. I'm getting online and warning as many people as I can...don't buy Mastercraft. If you think we're a fluke, go ahead and purchase the cheap doors. You've been warned!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes