We purchased a Mastercraft front door from Menards, this door & side windows are a piece of junk, this door is only 3 years old. Where do I begin, the door faces the west side of our house, in the winter we can not use the door, because it has to be seal closed and we have to cover it with a blanket, because of the wind & poor insulation of the windows. You can just feel the cold come though it. We paid about $2,500.00 for the door and side windows, it makes me sick. I went back to Menards about 6 months after purchasing and stated the problems we were having, their comment was no one else is having these problems. Now the problem is the door handle won't open, the door is permittedly locked. Last year we added a storm door, which helped a little, but not much. Is anyone else out there having these problems and is there anything we can do.
I can so relate. We just bgt 5 FIVE mastercraft french doors for new construction. ALL 5 leaked (even interior glass seal was broke and leaked water from the interior). SEE PIC Nightmare dealing with Menards/Mastercraft/Midwest Manufacturing. Menards Mgr reluctantly let us return the 5 (only b/c we've spent $100K there this year)...but we kept one on the south side and a couple of singles. So SORRY that we chose this brand. POOR, poor quality...and a nightmare dealing with the red-tape. THEY BLAME install and ALL SAY, "we've never heard that before" or "no one else complains". Yeah right. I'm getting online and warning as many people as I can...don't buy Mastercraft. If you think we're a fluke, go ahead and purchase the cheap doors. You've been warned!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!