I plan on install casement windows. We are considering building out the window slightly so we can have a larger sill without extending inward to the living space. I have notice homes the small style as mine that appear to have this done. Can this be done? Can I simply add 2x4's around the outside perimenter of the current jamb/header? The window (New construction) would then be installed on the new jamb. There is an overhang about the window @ 2ft deep, @8in above. Anything to worry about with such a install?
How can I tell whether I can use direct replacement ...
exterior window decor and trim
Need help finding...
Exterior Window trim
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!