Help with Ideal Window Manufacturers
I replaced 28 windows in my house with replacement vinyl windows by Ideal Window Manufacturers. This is the 4500 series, low-e, argon filled, double pane glass. Well, we are really cold in this house now. Colder then when we had our 50 year old windows. I've had the manufacturer in twice. The first time he had the installer caulk. The second time he put inch cube styrofoam in the tracks and said the windows are doing what they should be and are good. I've since put up plastic on all the windows and it is bellowing out with air. It is so blown up that it looks like the plastic will burst. This was an expensive job and I can't afford to just redo my windows yet I feel like I am heating the house more then before plus buying portable heaters to supplement. What can I do? Getting a lawyer and suing will cost too much. Help please . . . thanks.
Since they were recaulked, I don't feel a draft, only the cold air coming through the glass. The room has 2 HVAC vents above the windows but cold air still seems to come right through the glass. Would this be a manufacturer defect and if not, what can be done about it?
Glass can conduct energy which is why the double panes and inert gas sandwich. to prevent heat loss or gain (energy) from inside to outside. Drafts would be caused by some type gap or leak around the pane, casing or the entire window unit. Your local uility may provide a free or discounted energy audit that may include an infrared camera that would show exactly where the heat loss is.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 21 Expert Choices for Fail-Safe Paint Colors
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 5 DIY Farm Table Projects That Will Last a Lifetime
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!