Help with Ideal Window Manufacturers
I replaced 28 windows in my house with replacement vinyl windows by Ideal Window Manufacturers. This is the 4500 series, low-e, argon filled, double pane glass. Well, we are really cold in this house now. Colder then when we had our 50 year old windows. I've had the manufacturer in twice. The first time he had the installer caulk. The second time he put inch cube styrofoam in the tracks and said the windows are doing what they should be and are good. I've since put up plastic on all the windows and it is bellowing out with air. It is so blown up that it looks like the plastic will burst. This was an expensive job and I can't afford to just redo my windows yet I feel like I am heating the house more then before plus buying portable heaters to supplement. What can I do? Getting a lawyer and suing will cost too much. Help please . . . thanks.
Since they were recaulked, I don't feel a draft, only the cold air coming through the glass. The room has 2 HVAC vents above the windows but cold air still seems to come right through the glass. Would this be a manufacturer defect and if not, what can be done about it?
Glass can conduct energy which is why the double panes and inert gas sandwich. to prevent heat loss or gain (energy) from inside to outside. Drafts would be caused by some type gap or leak around the pane, casing or the entire window unit. Your local uility may provide a free or discounted energy audit that may include an infrared camera that would show exactly where the heat loss is.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers