The hand held remote control for my garage door opener is no longer activating my door to open or close. The battery is fine. We had a glitch one day when using the mounted panel in the garage to open the door and since then the remote will not work. We have recently moved into this house and there are no instructions on the garage door opener. I need to know how to reprogram the remote so that it will work again. The opener is a Sears Craftsman 1/2 HP unit.
If this is an older garage opener, the inside of the remote and the wall unit have dip switches that must be set exactly alike (these remotes were famous for moving dip switches). Simply take the cover off the remote and the wall unit and look at the position of the switches (they are numbered 1 to...). Remember they must be exactly the same. If this does not help then you will be forced to go to Sears and pray that someone there knows something about the product they sell. True to their reputation they will probably tell you to send for one of their servicemen and then you will have a decision to make. I hope this helps you and you will not have to go that route. GOOD LUCK!!!
Thanks for your help. I took the remote opener apart and there are no dip switches that I can find. The garage door opener must be a newer version. If you have any other thoughts please send them my way. If I don't hear back I will try calling Sears (ugh!) to see if they can help. Thanks again for responding.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love