The hand held remote control for my garage door opener is no longer activating my door to open or close. The battery is fine. We had a glitch one day when using the mounted panel in the garage to open the door and since then the remote will not work. We have recently moved into this house and there are no instructions on the garage door opener. I need to know how to reprogram the remote so that it will work again. The opener is a Sears Craftsman 1/2 HP unit.
If this is an older garage opener, the inside of the remote and the wall unit have dip switches that must be set exactly alike (these remotes were famous for moving dip switches). Simply take the cover off the remote and the wall unit and look at the position of the switches (they are numbered 1 to...). Remember they must be exactly the same. If this does not help then you will be forced to go to Sears and pray that someone there knows something about the product they sell. True to their reputation they will probably tell you to send for one of their servicemen and then you will have a decision to make. I hope this helps you and you will not have to go that route. GOOD LUCK!!!
Thanks for your help. I took the remote opener apart and there are no dip switches that I can find. The garage door opener must be a newer version. If you have any other thoughts please send them my way. If I don't hear back I will try calling Sears (ugh!) to see if they can help. Thanks again for responding.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Clever Uses for the Space Under the Stairs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- House Quiz: Test Your Knowledge of U.S. Architecture
- 10 Things You Can Build with Plumbing Pipes
- Sweet Dreams: 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 18 Clever and Easy DIY Ways to Use Rope at Home
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 9 No-Sew Fabric DIY Projects to Dress Up Any Room
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight