The hand held remote control for my garage door opener is no longer activating my door to open or close. The battery is fine. We had a glitch one day when using the mounted panel in the garage to open the door and since then the remote will not work. We have recently moved into this house and there are no instructions on the garage door opener. I need to know how to reprogram the remote so that it will work again. The opener is a Sears Craftsman 1/2 HP unit.
If this is an older garage opener, the inside of the remote and the wall unit have dip switches that must be set exactly alike (these remotes were famous for moving dip switches). Simply take the cover off the remote and the wall unit and look at the position of the switches (they are numbered 1 to...). Remember they must be exactly the same. If this does not help then you will be forced to go to Sears and pray that someone there knows something about the product they sell. True to their reputation they will probably tell you to send for one of their servicemen and then you will have a decision to make. I hope this helps you and you will not have to go that route. GOOD LUCK!!!
Thanks for your help. I took the remote opener apart and there are no dip switches that I can find. The garage door opener must be a newer version. If you have any other thoughts please send them my way. If I don't hear back I will try calling Sears (ugh!) to see if they can help. Thanks again for responding.
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING