I do primarily drywall work and what I like to use when estimating a job is a simple worksheet.For example I list it like this
10'- IIII(4)you get the drift...
Use the longest size possible to minimize joints.
When your estimating a job-
1rst- find out local codes as to what thickness/rating you need.
2nd How are you going to apply it-standing up(eliminates butt joints,which are more difficult to tape)or railroading it(horizontal-minimizes linear feet of taping but now you have butt joints,most houses are hung the latter)
3rd Use the longest size drywall possible,it may be easier to transport 8' sheets but you will have more butt joints.
4.As far as mud figure 200 linear feet for every 5 gallon bucket.
5.Tape-just calculate the linear feet of your joints.
6.Corner bead-for finish closets buy 6'8 bead-requires no cutting and just buy whatever length bead to match your ceiling height(i.e. 8' 10')
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top 11 Color Trends to Follow in 2014
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 “Stone Sober” Household Uses for Liquor
- 10 Fun Planters to Make with Everyday Objects
- 15 Spring Home Maintenance Musts
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Wow-Worthy Window Films: 11 Top Picks
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Air Quality
- 10 Ingenious Home Uses for Baking Soda