I do primarily drywall work and what I like to use when estimating a job is a simple worksheet.For example I list it like this
10'- IIII(4)you get the drift...
Use the longest size possible to minimize joints.
When your estimating a job-
1rst- find out local codes as to what thickness/rating you need.
2nd How are you going to apply it-standing up(eliminates butt joints,which are more difficult to tape)or railroading it(horizontal-minimizes linear feet of taping but now you have butt joints,most houses are hung the latter)
3rd Use the longest size drywall possible,it may be easier to transport 8' sheets but you will have more butt joints.
4.As far as mud figure 200 linear feet for every 5 gallon bucket.
5.Tape-just calculate the linear feet of your joints.
6.Corner bead-for finish closets buy 6'8 bead-requires no cutting and just buy whatever length bead to match your ceiling height(i.e. 8' 10')
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Decked Out: 12 Innovative Outdoor Living Designs
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 8 (Truly) Unexpected Storage Spots
- 12 Celebrities' Cool Pools
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 9 Easy-to-Make Garden Luminaries
- Colorful Kitchens: 10 Bright & Bold Designs