I do primarily drywall work and what I like to use when estimating a job is a simple worksheet.For example I list it like this
10'- IIII(4)you get the drift...
Use the longest size possible to minimize joints.
When your estimating a job-
1rst- find out local codes as to what thickness/rating you need.
2nd How are you going to apply it-standing up(eliminates butt joints,which are more difficult to tape)or railroading it(horizontal-minimizes linear feet of taping but now you have butt joints,most houses are hung the latter)
3rd Use the longest size drywall possible,it may be easier to transport 8' sheets but you will have more butt joints.
4.As far as mud figure 200 linear feet for every 5 gallon bucket.
5.Tape-just calculate the linear feet of your joints.
6.Corner bead-for finish closets buy 6'8 bead-requires no cutting and just buy whatever length bead to match your ceiling height(i.e. 8' 10')
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!