We have a one-year old modular home. It is
heated by electric baseboard heaters. The
problem we have is from the top of the living
room and kitchen walls there has accumulated a "gray shadow" approx. ten to twelve inches
down the wall. It is similar to soot...and
we have attempted to clean it to no avail.
noone seems to know what it is...or how it
is forming there??? Any suggestions???
Just for your information...also on the TV
screens and computer screens it forms to a
soot film...when I clean them...there are
black specks on them...and they have to be
cleaned weekly??? HELP????
Sounds like mildew. Probably caused by too much moisture in the house. An inexpensive fix would be to purchase a dehumidifier. Other fixes might be to install some attic ventilation or a forced air furnace with a dehumidifier. Is the home under some sort of warranty? If so you should get the builder to fix it for you.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!