We have a one-year old modular home. It is
heated by electric baseboard heaters. The
problem we have is from the top of the living
room and kitchen walls there has accumulated a "gray shadow" approx. ten to twelve inches
down the wall. It is similar to soot...and
we have attempted to clean it to no avail.
noone seems to know what it is...or how it
is forming there??? Any suggestions???
Just for your information...also on the TV
screens and computer screens it forms to a
soot film...when I clean them...there are
black specks on them...and they have to be
cleaned weekly??? HELP????
Sounds like mildew. Probably caused by too much moisture in the house. An inexpensive fix would be to purchase a dehumidifier. Other fixes might be to install some attic ventilation or a forced air furnace with a dehumidifier. Is the home under some sort of warranty? If so you should get the builder to fix it for you.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 67 Expert Tips to Aid Your Spring Cleaning
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight