Tile shower floor leaking.
The reason it will not seal is probably twofold.
1. You are not allowing enough time for the moisture to dry out. The moisture is trapped and it has very little room to evaporate. This process could take a few days, a week or longer. You can speed up the process a little by applying heat directly toward the tile(heat lamp, portable heater, etc.).
2. The area that you are applying the caulking to must be thoroughly clean. All of the soap scum, mildew and dirt must be removed. A thorough cleaning, wash with clorox and finally a wipedown with isopropyl or denatured alcohol (there is no oil base in these products).
Once the above two are accomplished you can then apply your caulking or grout and the results should be satisfactory.
Is sanded grout better than unsanded? Seems that sanded would be more rigid and binding.
Thanks again, Jim.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes