Tile shower floor leaking.
The reason it will not seal is probably twofold.
1. You are not allowing enough time for the moisture to dry out. The moisture is trapped and it has very little room to evaporate. This process could take a few days, a week or longer. You can speed up the process a little by applying heat directly toward the tile(heat lamp, portable heater, etc.).
2. The area that you are applying the caulking to must be thoroughly clean. All of the soap scum, mildew and dirt must be removed. A thorough cleaning, wash with clorox and finally a wipedown with isopropyl or denatured alcohol (there is no oil base in these products).
Once the above two are accomplished you can then apply your caulking or grout and the results should be satisfactory.
Is sanded grout better than unsanded? Seems that sanded would be more rigid and binding.
Thanks again, Jim.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 9 Budget Ways to Revive Your Porch
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Make Your Small Bathroom Feel BIG
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 10 Smart New Uses for Old Tires
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- Design a Better Bedroom: 9 Strategies
- 21 Paint Colors That Never Fail
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 9 Easy-to-Make Garden Luminaries
- Would You Live in a Floating Home?