Tile shower floor leaking.
The reason it will not seal is probably twofold.
1. You are not allowing enough time for the moisture to dry out. The moisture is trapped and it has very little room to evaporate. This process could take a few days, a week or longer. You can speed up the process a little by applying heat directly toward the tile(heat lamp, portable heater, etc.).
2. The area that you are applying the caulking to must be thoroughly clean. All of the soap scum, mildew and dirt must be removed. A thorough cleaning, wash with clorox and finally a wipedown with isopropyl or denatured alcohol (there is no oil base in these products).
Once the above two are accomplished you can then apply your caulking or grout and the results should be satisfactory.
Is sanded grout better than unsanded? Seems that sanded would be more rigid and binding.
Thanks again, Jim.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 7 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Clearing the Air: 10 Natural Ways to Remedy Household Odors
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 "Must Do" September Projects
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 16 Easy Ideas for Customized Cabinets
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Unique DIY Kitchen Island Designs