My deck was previously stained with a "redwood" stain.It evidently wasn't taken care of and is now faded and "worn" looking.
1. Is there a way to refinish a deck that
has been stained.
2. Is there a way to change the color of the deck?
Decks can and need to be refinished every few years. Make sure you clean it thoroughly and then apply the stain. It is possible to stain the deck a darker color. Trying to lighten an existing stain can be a little tricky. You can try a wood bleach and it may work, but you are adding more money and work into a project and the results may end up looking spotty.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!