My deck was previously stained with a "redwood" stain.It evidently wasn't taken care of and is now faded and "worn" looking.
1. Is there a way to refinish a deck that
has been stained.
2. Is there a way to change the color of the deck?
Decks can and need to be refinished every few years. Make sure you clean it thoroughly and then apply the stain. It is possible to stain the deck a darker color. Trying to lighten an existing stain can be a little tricky. You can try a wood bleach and it may work, but you are adding more money and work into a project and the results may end up looking spotty.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects