My deck was previously stained with a "redwood" stain.It evidently wasn't taken care of and is now faded and "worn" looking.
1. Is there a way to refinish a deck that
has been stained.
2. Is there a way to change the color of the deck?
Decks can and need to be refinished every few years. Make sure you clean it thoroughly and then apply the stain. It is possible to stain the deck a darker color. Trying to lighten an existing stain can be a little tricky. You can try a wood bleach and it may work, but you are adding more money and work into a project and the results may end up looking spotty.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!