will be purchasing approx 250 ft of 5' fencing. Aside from the cost difference and mantaining a wood fence, does anyone have any comments on the differences. Plus, any feedback on Bufftech Vinyl Fencing in particular?
We've had a white wood picket fence around our house for 9 years and it has been too much work. We're either cleaning it or painting it but we live near water so that probably is one reason we have so much mildew. If I had it to do over again I would get vinyl and less fence. We could not afford vinyl with this much fencing.
I was at a HomeDepot today and saw some plastic fences. I'd say don't do it. They look bad. I'm in the market for fencing too, and was amazed at how much they charge you to install. So my husband and I are going to do on the week-ends. I would like to go with cedar, maybe incorporate the trees as part of the fence. good luck and stay natural.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects