will be purchasing approx 250 ft of 5' fencing. Aside from the cost difference and mantaining a wood fence, does anyone have any comments on the differences. Plus, any feedback on Bufftech Vinyl Fencing in particular?
We've had a white wood picket fence around our house for 9 years and it has been too much work. We're either cleaning it or painting it but we live near water so that probably is one reason we have so much mildew. If I had it to do over again I would get vinyl and less fence. We could not afford vinyl with this much fencing.
I was at a HomeDepot today and saw some plastic fences. I'd say don't do it. They look bad. I'm in the market for fencing too, and was amazed at how much they charge you to install. So my husband and I are going to do on the week-ends. I would like to go with cedar, maybe incorporate the trees as part of the fence. good luck and stay natural.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 142 Remarkable Houses Around the World
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- Shelf Life: 10 Bookcase Projects You Can DIY
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- 11 Amazing Homemade Sheds to Inspire Your Own
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- Recipe for Success: 10 Easy Kitchen Storage Hacks
- Winning Combinations: 9 "Can't Miss" Color Schemes
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- The Ultimate All-Natural Cleaning Guide