will be purchasing approx 250 ft of 5' fencing. Aside from the cost difference and mantaining a wood fence, does anyone have any comments on the differences. Plus, any feedback on Bufftech Vinyl Fencing in particular?
We've had a white wood picket fence around our house for 9 years and it has been too much work. We're either cleaning it or painting it but we live near water so that probably is one reason we have so much mildew. If I had it to do over again I would get vinyl and less fence. We could not afford vinyl with this much fencing.
I was at a HomeDepot today and saw some plastic fences. I'd say don't do it. They look bad. I'm in the market for fencing too, and was amazed at how much they charge you to install. So my husband and I are going to do on the week-ends. I would like to go with cedar, maybe incorporate the trees as part of the fence. good luck and stay natural.
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING