I have two downspouts as well as my sumppump all emptying into my sideyard. The soil is clay so the water basically sits in puddles. My gameplan is to run some PVC pipe from the downspouts into a trench filled with gravel/stone underground so the water is moved out of the side yard toward the back, and I image I will use a gravel filled hole as the well to dump the water into. Any ideas suggestions?
I did just what you are planning, except I was able to find a low spot in the yard to drain the water. I used the black flex pipe in the yard with drain caps. I also used the landscape cloth between the gravel and the dirt so the the dirt would not fill in around the gravel over time.
Is standing water in pipes from downspout to curb okay?
Exterior Downspout tie-ins/Dry wells
sewage ejection pump
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!