I have two downspouts as well as my sumppump all emptying into my sideyard. The soil is clay so the water basically sits in puddles. My gameplan is to run some PVC pipe from the downspouts into a trench filled with gravel/stone underground so the water is moved out of the side yard toward the back, and I image I will use a gravel filled hole as the well to dump the water into. Any ideas suggestions?
I did just what you are planning, except I was able to find a low spot in the yard to drain the water. I used the black flex pipe in the yard with drain caps. I also used the landscape cloth between the gravel and the dirt so the the dirt would not fill in around the gravel over time.
Is standing water in pipes from downspout to curb okay?
Exterior Downspout tie-ins/Dry wells
sewage ejection pump
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!