I have two downspouts as well as my sumppump all emptying into my sideyard. The soil is clay so the water basically sits in puddles. My gameplan is to run some PVC pipe from the downspouts into a trench filled with gravel/stone underground so the water is moved out of the side yard toward the back, and I image I will use a gravel filled hole as the well to dump the water into. Any ideas suggestions?
I did just what you are planning, except I was able to find a low spot in the yard to drain the water. I used the black flex pipe in the yard with drain caps. I also used the landscape cloth between the gravel and the dirt so the the dirt would not fill in around the gravel over time.
Is standing water in pipes from downspout to curb okay?
Exterior Downspout tie-ins/Dry wells
sewage ejection pump
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 11 Homemade Sheds to Fill Your Storage Needs
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight