I have two downspouts as well as my sumppump all emptying into my sideyard. The soil is clay so the water basically sits in puddles. My gameplan is to run some PVC pipe from the downspouts into a trench filled with gravel/stone underground so the water is moved out of the side yard toward the back, and I image I will use a gravel filled hole as the well to dump the water into. Any ideas suggestions?
I did just what you are planning, except I was able to find a low spot in the yard to drain the water. I used the black flex pipe in the yard with drain caps. I also used the landscape cloth between the gravel and the dirt so the the dirt would not fill in around the gravel over time.
Is standing water in pipes from downspout to curb okay?
Exterior Downspout tie-ins/Dry wells
sewage ejection pump
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!