on every tape measure that i have seen there are tiny black diamonds every 19 inches, what are they and what do you do with them??
thanks very much
Racer, the diamonds mark an ancient method of measurement, the cubit. Which if you look it up in the dictionary is anywhere from 17-22 inches, so I imagine that the industry established a mean length which looking at my tape measure is approximately 19 7/32". As for what you do with it, I guess ask trivia questions like this one, or whenever you're watching the History channel and they measure something in cubits you can get out your tape measure and translate that into inches, etc.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!