Hi can someone give me some advise on a 0-clearance fireplace? I'm not sure what it is and the builder is suggesting one.
We installed a zero clear. fireplace about 4 years ago. It is a complete unit, comes assembled in a box, uncrate-install and you're done. We purchased blower unit and love it. Was easy to install and works great.
"0" clearence means that the actual fireplace as a unit can be installed in a wall with 0 clearence on all sides. no worry to leave 1 0r2" of space away from combustables. It's basically a safety issue and lets the installer know how big the hole has to be to install the unit without causing a fire. If the Unit is 2'x4' your hole will be 2'x4'. Unit is tight against all sides,...."0" clearence.
Wood Burning Zero Clearance FP
Prefab Metal Zero Clearance Fireplace
Advice on 'zero clearance', ventless gas fireplaces
Zero clearance fireplaces
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!