Hi can someone give me some advise on a 0-clearance fireplace? I'm not sure what it is and the builder is suggesting one.
We installed a zero clear. fireplace about 4 years ago. It is a complete unit, comes assembled in a box, uncrate-install and you're done. We purchased blower unit and love it. Was easy to install and works great.
"0" clearence means that the actual fireplace as a unit can be installed in a wall with 0 clearence on all sides. no worry to leave 1 0r2" of space away from combustables. It's basically a safety issue and lets the installer know how big the hole has to be to install the unit without causing a fire. If the Unit is 2'x4' your hole will be 2'x4'. Unit is tight against all sides,...."0" clearence.
Wood Burning Zero Clearance FP
Prefab Metal Zero Clearance Fireplace
Advice on 'zero clearance', ventless gas fireplaces
Zero clearance fireplaces
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 11 Homemade Sheds to Fill Your Storage Needs
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight