Just a thought for the Ultimate Board
Its a good idea. Not sure if its my ego saying that or not:-)
Is there a reason you feel you would want this?
All egos aside, the fact that I am a regular has presented me with 2 problems:
For one, I receive on average about 20 e-mails a week from folks who have cut out the bulletin board altogether, and contact me directly. Some of them seem to think I am part of the Bob Vila Team! Make no mistake, I really enjoy answering them, but it takes away the little free time I have to read and answer BB questions, and many of the questions I receive directly are either already on the BB, or are multiples of the same situation. I try to refer them back to the site, but the number of e-mails does not seem to dwindle. This week, however, there has been only four so far.
The other problem is with questions that I actually post on the site. You see, I am not a professional builder. That is, I do not derive my income from any of the building trades. I design computer systems. I originally came to this site to post a question, but soon found I had more answers to other people’s questions, so thus began a new pastime for me. However, I still have questions of my own, but rare is reply. It seems that people are intimidated by me because I am a regular. This is unfounded. I surely do not know everything. So I have started posting my questions under an alias.
I do not think being labeled a "regular" will help me in either of these situations.
And lastly, the point may be mute since the vast majority of the regulars only post on the old bulletin board, where these types of titles do not exist. They probably don’t even know you posted this, and I do not see them moving over here any time soon, even if/when the Bob Vila team takes away the old site.
HELP - cover my hole...with a deck?
Strapping for Steel Roof?
quick help please angle iron for stability where gab...
Is there a top coat for Ralph Lauren Suede Paint?
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 142 Remarkable Houses Around the World
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- Shelf Life: 10 Bookcase Projects You Can DIY
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- 11 Amazing Homemade Sheds to Inspire Your Own
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- Recipe for Success: 10 Easy Kitchen Storage Hacks
- Winning Combinations: 9 "Can't Miss" Color Schemes
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- The Ultimate All-Natural Cleaning Guide