Have very dark cabinets, in small kitchen, they are not solid wood, but cannot afford new ones, what can I do to brighten them up, as they are printed woodgrain it seems, outside of painting them?
Hi Harlegal, one option would be to create a fake front and stain/paint the color you desire. Go to your local home center and buy some molding and thin paneling. Create a frame with the molding and cut the paneling to fit inside the frame, attach (nail/glue) to the existing doors. Use a similar technique for any exposed cabinet framing. Basically, just use your imagination to acheive the desired look. Good luck!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!