Need a suggestion on how to remove a bathroom mirror that was installed on the wall using a mastic adhesive and it was put there to stay forever.
Need more info. what type of wall is it fastened to? Do you want to save the mirror and how much trouble are you willing to go to? Is it framed? There are several options depending on the circumstances.
You might try, very carefully, using a heat gun to loosen the grip of the adhesive and applying very light pressure to separate the mirror from the wall behind it. Be sure not to concentrate the heat in any one area and wear gloves and goggles to protect you from anything that might happen. Just my two cents...
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight