We just moved to a new house with our old fridge. The door opens the wrong way for our new kitchen. I was told they can easily be switched. Any info on how to do this? Also the previous owners did not have an ice maker and the line set up for the ice maker is closed off. Any information on how to set this up?
Hi KYCHIRO, if you'll take a look at your fridge you'll notice plugs on the opposite side from where it's currently hinged. Pry the plugs out (hang on to them), then unscrew the screws holding the hinges and handles on the door(s). Transfer all hinges and handles to the unplugged holes, place plugs into the old side holes, done. As for the icemaker, exactly how is the line closed off?
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 142 Remarkable Houses Around the World
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- Shelf Life: 10 Bookcase Projects You Can DIY
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- 11 Amazing Homemade Sheds to Inspire Your Own
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- Recipe for Success: 10 Easy Kitchen Storage Hacks
- Winning Combinations: 9 "Can't Miss" Color Schemes
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- The Ultimate All-Natural Cleaning Guide