I am a first time home owner. I am planing to do alot of work around the house.(Total remodel room by room.)I need some help finding some building codes.Are their any on line areas I could check out to help me?Also how much work or little work requires a permit?
Thanks for your time Bingy
Hi Bingy, check out www.doityourself.com and select "Build/Remodel" they have some codes listed there. Good luck!
Wick thanks for your help. I found alot of helpful info.Now I just got to do the work.
Thanks again Bingy
Thanks again Bingy
Keep in mind that codes on web sites or on advice from others does not mean it will apply to your state or even to your town. Local building officials have the right to superceed any code to their liking. Most towns have a list of inspection that are required. Basically, any alteration in framing, electrical, plumbing, HVAC needs permits and inspections. Removal of drywall, painting, changing doors and windows usually do not require permits of inspections. Check with local officials. They will tell you what the expect. N.B.-eletric, plumbing, hvac permits need to taken out be licensed contractors, not a homeowner.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes