I am a first time home owner. I am planing to do alot of work around the house.(Total remodel room by room.)I need some help finding some building codes.Are their any on line areas I could check out to help me?Also how much work or little work requires a permit?
Thanks for your time Bingy
Hi Bingy, check out www.doityourself.com and select "Build/Remodel" they have some codes listed there. Good luck!
Wick thanks for your help. I found alot of helpful info.Now I just got to do the work.
Thanks again Bingy
Thanks again Bingy
Keep in mind that codes on web sites or on advice from others does not mean it will apply to your state or even to your town. Local building officials have the right to superceed any code to their liking. Most towns have a list of inspection that are required. Basically, any alteration in framing, electrical, plumbing, HVAC needs permits and inspections. Removal of drywall, painting, changing doors and windows usually do not require permits of inspections. Check with local officials. They will tell you what the expect. N.B.-eletric, plumbing, hvac permits need to taken out be licensed contractors, not a homeowner.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!