Washing machine won't spin.
My washing machine stopped spinning, and won't pump the water out, can anyone help please? Thank you.
Hi webb, a little bit more info would help here, i.e., what kind of sounds does/doesn't it make, how old is it, etc. The more specific the info we have the more we "might" be able to help. Now two things immediately come to mind. One is that the belt that drives the drum has broken, unfortunately this is on the bottom of the washer and you'll need to get the water out to work on it. Two is that the safety switch may not be activating, this is the switch that keeps the lid shut when it goes into the spin cycle. You can try an experiment, with the lid up locate the switch opening and insert a pencil to manually activate the switch and see if the washer will go into it's spin cycle. Anyway, just a couple of things off the top of my head, post back up with some more specifics and we'll see what we can figure out.
I recently had this problem with a Kenmore washer. I found the problem to be a bad coupling between the motor and the gear box. The part was relatively inexpensive ($15). Whirlpool makes the washer just FYI. Hope this helps.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects