Washing machine won't spin.
My washing machine stopped spinning, and won't pump the water out, can anyone help please? Thank you.
Hi webb, a little bit more info would help here, i.e., what kind of sounds does/doesn't it make, how old is it, etc. The more specific the info we have the more we "might" be able to help. Now two things immediately come to mind. One is that the belt that drives the drum has broken, unfortunately this is on the bottom of the washer and you'll need to get the water out to work on it. Two is that the safety switch may not be activating, this is the switch that keeps the lid shut when it goes into the spin cycle. You can try an experiment, with the lid up locate the switch opening and insert a pencil to manually activate the switch and see if the washer will go into it's spin cycle. Anyway, just a couple of things off the top of my head, post back up with some more specifics and we'll see what we can figure out.
I recently had this problem with a Kenmore washer. I found the problem to be a bad coupling between the motor and the gear box. The part was relatively inexpensive ($15). Whirlpool makes the washer just FYI. Hope this helps.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love