Washing machine won't spin.
My washing machine stopped spinning, and won't pump the water out, can anyone help please? Thank you.
Hi webb, a little bit more info would help here, i.e., what kind of sounds does/doesn't it make, how old is it, etc. The more specific the info we have the more we "might" be able to help. Now two things immediately come to mind. One is that the belt that drives the drum has broken, unfortunately this is on the bottom of the washer and you'll need to get the water out to work on it. Two is that the safety switch may not be activating, this is the switch that keeps the lid shut when it goes into the spin cycle. You can try an experiment, with the lid up locate the switch opening and insert a pencil to manually activate the switch and see if the washer will go into it's spin cycle. Anyway, just a couple of things off the top of my head, post back up with some more specifics and we'll see what we can figure out.
I recently had this problem with a Kenmore washer. I found the problem to be a bad coupling between the motor and the gear box. The part was relatively inexpensive ($15). Whirlpool makes the washer just FYI. Hope this helps.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- DIY Workbenches: 5 You Can Build in a Weekend
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!