Washing machine won't spin.
My washing machine stopped spinning, and won't pump the water out, can anyone help please? Thank you.
Hi webb, a little bit more info would help here, i.e., what kind of sounds does/doesn't it make, how old is it, etc. The more specific the info we have the more we "might" be able to help. Now two things immediately come to mind. One is that the belt that drives the drum has broken, unfortunately this is on the bottom of the washer and you'll need to get the water out to work on it. Two is that the safety switch may not be activating, this is the switch that keeps the lid shut when it goes into the spin cycle. You can try an experiment, with the lid up locate the switch opening and insert a pencil to manually activate the switch and see if the washer will go into it's spin cycle. Anyway, just a couple of things off the top of my head, post back up with some more specifics and we'll see what we can figure out.
I recently had this problem with a Kenmore washer. I found the problem to be a bad coupling between the motor and the gear box. The part was relatively inexpensive ($15). Whirlpool makes the washer just FYI. Hope this helps.
I'm having the same problem, tried the pencil trick and found that the basket bobs from side to side, turning a little bit but certainly not like it should during spin cycle. Any other suggestions?
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers