My front porch is 24'x7'. I want to screen in my front porch to keep the animals and bugs out and I'm not sure where to begain. Do I have the screens made or can I do them myself? Do I put plywood over my railing? (I don't want to loose much light) Open for any suggestions.
Hi Burrell, making a screened in porch is a fairly simple project, the screen is sold in rolls and available in 2' and 4' widths. So all that you need to do is create frames in the appropriate width around your porch and tack the screen to the frames, then cover the tacks with thin wood or metal to cover the tacks and seams. If your not quite comfortable with this kind of project you might be better off with a prefab kit, so click here InstaScreen. Good luck!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!