shower leaking through kitchen ceiling
The chrome drain spout can be replaced by placing the 2 arms of pliers into 2 different holes of the drain, then with a screw driver in between the 2 steel arms of the pliers, turn the pliers with the screw driver and the chrome drain will unscrew like a light bulb. Before installing the new one make sure you nead and warm up the plummers puddy in your hands and place it around the bottom of the chrome drain above the threads. Tighten until chrome touches the tub (alot of the puddy will squeeze out) that's fine.
A quicker fix is to buy silicone and with your fingers, push it into the space between the tub and the chrome round drain. Lick your finger and smooth it out with your fingers until it's just in the crack. Let it dry for 24 hrs then test the water drain with water.
Mine leaked at the wall and tub spacing and the wall behind the tires were so wet that silicone would not fix the space.
I had to remove 1 foot of tiles above the tub, cut the wet dry wall out, nail in new drywall, apply tile adhesive, then when dry I grouted and siliconed the bottom between the wall and the tub and it was fixed with no more leaks.
The tub would not leak unless I was in the tub which separated the tub from the wall making access for water to leak on my car below in the garage.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Clever Uses for the Space Under the Stairs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- House Quiz: Test Your Knowledge of U.S. Architecture
- 10 Things You Can Build with Plumbing Pipes
- Sweet Dreams: 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 18 Clever and Easy DIY Ways to Use Rope at Home
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 9 No-Sew Fabric DIY Projects to Dress Up Any Room
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight