shower leaking through kitchen ceiling
The chrome drain spout can be replaced by placing the 2 arms of pliers into 2 different holes of the drain, then with a screw driver in between the 2 steel arms of the pliers, turn the pliers with the screw driver and the chrome drain will unscrew like a light bulb. Before installing the new one make sure you nead and warm up the plummers puddy in your hands and place it around the bottom of the chrome drain above the threads. Tighten until chrome touches the tub (alot of the puddy will squeeze out) that's fine.
A quicker fix is to buy silicone and with your fingers, push it into the space between the tub and the chrome round drain. Lick your finger and smooth it out with your fingers until it's just in the crack. Let it dry for 24 hrs then test the water drain with water.
Mine leaked at the wall and tub spacing and the wall behind the tires were so wet that silicone would not fix the space.
I had to remove 1 foot of tiles above the tub, cut the wet dry wall out, nail in new drywall, apply tile adhesive, then when dry I grouted and siliconed the bottom between the wall and the tub and it was fixed with no more leaks.
The tub would not leak unless I was in the tub which separated the tub from the wall making access for water to leak on my car below in the garage.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!