shower leaking through kitchen ceiling
The chrome drain spout can be replaced by placing the 2 arms of pliers into 2 different holes of the drain, then with a screw driver in between the 2 steel arms of the pliers, turn the pliers with the screw driver and the chrome drain will unscrew like a light bulb. Before installing the new one make sure you nead and warm up the plummers puddy in your hands and place it around the bottom of the chrome drain above the threads. Tighten until chrome touches the tub (alot of the puddy will squeeze out) that's fine.
A quicker fix is to buy silicone and with your fingers, push it into the space between the tub and the chrome round drain. Lick your finger and smooth it out with your fingers until it's just in the crack. Let it dry for 24 hrs then test the water drain with water.
Mine leaked at the wall and tub spacing and the wall behind the tires were so wet that silicone would not fix the space.
I had to remove 1 foot of tiles above the tub, cut the wet dry wall out, nail in new drywall, apply tile adhesive, then when dry I grouted and siliconed the bottom between the wall and the tub and it was fixed with no more leaks.
The tub would not leak unless I was in the tub which separated the tub from the wall making access for water to leak on my car below in the garage.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 9 Budget Ways to Revive Your Porch
- 11 Ways to Dress Up Your Dresser
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Make Your Small Bathroom Feel BIG
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 10 Smart New Uses for Old Tires
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Facade Facelift: Simple, Affordable Ways to Make a Better First Impression
- Reconsider Aboveground Pools: 10 Reasons Why
- 5 New Uses for Old Wooden Crates
- 21 Paint Colors That Never Fail
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 9 Easy-to-Make Garden Luminaries
- Make Your Own Bookcase: 10 DIY Designs