I am looking for a contractor to restore a 150 yr old barn. It requires some structural repair. I would also like to remove a portion of it as it was built at a different time and is in pretty bad shape.
You may want to find out if there are any log home or timberframe builders in your area. Some of them might know who could help you and/or have the skills to give you advice or suggestions. You can usually find a log home or timberframe magazine at large magazine stands or at major home improvement store displays.
Hydronic Heat, Indirect Water Heater, No Hot Water, ...
Restoring/Repairing Very Old Carriage Barn
oak, beach, and chestnut barn wood, Who buys it ??
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!