Telephone jacks and wiring
You can buy a jack at almost any hardware store, Radio Shak, even Kmart. The same for telephone wire. There are different styles of jack. Most any will work and some don't require that you make a big hole in the wall.
Make sure the jack you buy has the connectors marked "red, black, yellow, green". That tells you where to put the wires. Simply connect the red wire from the red connector in the old phone jack to the connector marked "red" on the new jack. Do the same for black. Green and yellow are for a second phone line, but you should hook them up as well.
Last details: If the phone you plan to use is the old fashion non-modular variety, you'll need that type connector.
Finally, if you get finished and it doesn't work, make sure the old jack has the wires in the right place (red to red, etc.) I have seen some people mix up the wire colors.
tracing underground wiring
is hydronic radiant heat safe to install in joists w...
tracing underground landscape light wiring
Raising and levelling a garage
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 10 Amazing Homes Made from Shipping Containers
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- Natural Swimming Pools: 10 Reasons to Jump In
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Quick Tips for Tackling 10 Clutter Hot Spots
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 15 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 11 Creative Ways to Reuse Cardboard Boxes
- DIY Organization: 10 Cheap and Easy Ideas
- 15 Easy Steps to a Dust-Free Home
- 5 Common Lawn Problems—and How to Fix Them