Telephone jacks and wiring
You can buy a jack at almost any hardware store, Radio Shak, even Kmart. The same for telephone wire. There are different styles of jack. Most any will work and some don't require that you make a big hole in the wall.
Make sure the jack you buy has the connectors marked "red, black, yellow, green". That tells you where to put the wires. Simply connect the red wire from the red connector in the old phone jack to the connector marked "red" on the new jack. Do the same for black. Green and yellow are for a second phone line, but you should hook them up as well.
Last details: If the phone you plan to use is the old fashion non-modular variety, you'll need that type connector.
Finally, if you get finished and it doesn't work, make sure the old jack has the wires in the right place (red to red, etc.) I have seen some people mix up the wire colors.
tracing underground wiring
is hydronic radiant heat safe to install in joists w...
tracing underground landscape light wiring
Raising and levelling a garage
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 8 DIY Storage Solutions for a Closet-less Room
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 7 Ways to Make Your New House Look Old
- 11 DIYs for A Soundproofed Home
- 9 Ways to Get on Board with Pegboard
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 8 New Ways to Use Old Wooden Crates