Telephone jacks and wiring
You can buy a jack at almost any hardware store, Radio Shak, even Kmart. The same for telephone wire. There are different styles of jack. Most any will work and some don't require that you make a big hole in the wall.
Make sure the jack you buy has the connectors marked "red, black, yellow, green". That tells you where to put the wires. Simply connect the red wire from the red connector in the old phone jack to the connector marked "red" on the new jack. Do the same for black. Green and yellow are for a second phone line, but you should hook them up as well.
Last details: If the phone you plan to use is the old fashion non-modular variety, you'll need that type connector.
Finally, if you get finished and it doesn't work, make sure the old jack has the wires in the right place (red to red, etc.) I have seen some people mix up the wire colors.
tracing underground wiring
is hydronic radiant heat safe to install in joists w...
tracing underground landscape light wiring
Raising and levelling a garage
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- DIY Plumbing Pipe Vase
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- 10 Ways to Bring Typography Style Home
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- Uses for Beer & Booze Around the House
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps