Telephone jacks and wiring
You can buy a jack at almost any hardware store, Radio Shak, even Kmart. The same for telephone wire. There are different styles of jack. Most any will work and some don't require that you make a big hole in the wall.
Make sure the jack you buy has the connectors marked "red, black, yellow, green". That tells you where to put the wires. Simply connect the red wire from the red connector in the old phone jack to the connector marked "red" on the new jack. Do the same for black. Green and yellow are for a second phone line, but you should hook them up as well.
Last details: If the phone you plan to use is the old fashion non-modular variety, you'll need that type connector.
Finally, if you get finished and it doesn't work, make sure the old jack has the wires in the right place (red to red, etc.) I have seen some people mix up the wire colors.
tracing underground wiring
is hydronic radiant heat safe to install in joists w...
tracing underground landscape light wiring
Raising and levelling a garage
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes