I live in Va, can someone give me a solution for getting rid of all flies that keep coming into my house. Help!
We found a product Vermin X at Costco that you plug into an outlet. It's supposed to repell insects. We have found it to work fairly well for crawling bugs, but don't know why it wouldn't work for flying ones. Good Luck
We used one of the "Wasp Catchers" that you can find at Lowe's in the garden center. It looks like a large jar and has white tubes in it. We hung it on a corner of our porch for the wasps, but found it also caught the flies. We found the best bait was honey dribbled into the jar and on the tubes, and about 2-3 cups of very warm water poured into the bottom of the jar to get the honey melted into a nectar. You may also want to see if you have or had an area with some garbage or decaying something or other that created lots of maggots. Washing out your trash cans my help.
I also have lots of flies about my log home. Could they be attracted to the finish on my logs? They are no nearby trash piles, horses, cows, etc. to attract them.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes