I live in Va, can someone give me a solution for getting rid of all flies that keep coming into my house. Help!
We found a product Vermin X at Costco that you plug into an outlet. It's supposed to repell insects. We have found it to work fairly well for crawling bugs, but don't know why it wouldn't work for flying ones. Good Luck
We used one of the "Wasp Catchers" that you can find at Lowe's in the garden center. It looks like a large jar and has white tubes in it. We hung it on a corner of our porch for the wasps, but found it also caught the flies. We found the best bait was honey dribbled into the jar and on the tubes, and about 2-3 cups of very warm water poured into the bottom of the jar to get the honey melted into a nectar. You may also want to see if you have or had an area with some garbage or decaying something or other that created lots of maggots. Washing out your trash cans my help.
I also have lots of flies about my log home. Could they be attracted to the finish on my logs? They are no nearby trash piles, horses, cows, etc. to attract them.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 3 New Ways to Decorate with Fallen Leaves
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!