I live in Va, can someone give me a solution for getting rid of all flies that keep coming into my house. Help!
We found a product Vermin X at Costco that you plug into an outlet. It's supposed to repell insects. We have found it to work fairly well for crawling bugs, but don't know why it wouldn't work for flying ones. Good Luck
We used one of the "Wasp Catchers" that you can find at Lowe's in the garden center. It looks like a large jar and has white tubes in it. We hung it on a corner of our porch for the wasps, but found it also caught the flies. We found the best bait was honey dribbled into the jar and on the tubes, and about 2-3 cups of very warm water poured into the bottom of the jar to get the honey melted into a nectar. You may also want to see if you have or had an area with some garbage or decaying something or other that created lots of maggots. Washing out your trash cans my help.
I also have lots of flies about my log home. Could they be attracted to the finish on my logs? They are no nearby trash piles, horses, cows, etc. to attract them.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 67 Expert Tips to Aid Your Spring Cleaning
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight