I want to temporarily soundproof the living room of the house my band is living in. We need to be able to undo the soundproofing since we aren't going to live here forever. We've already figured out how to do the windows and doorways. There has to be something we can do to the walls without ripping them apart!
Saw something interesting at a sleep disorder test center once -- they had put up 1x3 strips at the top, middle, and bottom of the walls with screws into the studs and then put soundproofing panels on the walls from there. Made the rooms smaller, but it also helped make them soundproofed. You'd have some patching to do after you moved out, but it could work for you.....
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!