How can I assess damage done to my house through builder's admitted poor workmanship? They removed roof over existing house before a weekend of torrential rain (2 weeks ago). Rain poured into attic, through new Andersen windows which were not yet finished, onto drywall and hard wood in nearly all rooms. (these were furnished existing rooms, not the rooms being added). Will I have mold, mildew problems forever? Structural damage?
I hope your builder has good insurance. Either way, maybe you could get your own insurance adjuster to look at it.
Yes, he does and promises to make good. My problem is getting someone to come out and assess the damage. Everyone seems to be too busy. Any ideas? Also worried about long term effects.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love