1) Basement leaks - 27-year-old house basically the yard slopes into house. Can the foundation/cement rot from having water trapped against it? What other problems are inherent with this?
2) Found out pipes froze when previous owners were on vacation - flooded house. Will I have mold growing in the house? What other problems are inherent with this?
3) Has a new composition 30 year roof - slapped on top of old TRUE shake roof. Looking at shake shingles from within the attic I can see black and white mold or stains? I'm sure composite roof manufacturer will not warrant this roof. What other problems are inherent with this?
4) Found significant insect damage, second floor windows - header 2 x 4's look new. Found black mold on drywall behind trim. What other problems are inherent with this?
5) House has significant amounts of exterior rotting wood - as far as I can tell the house has only been painted twice, once when built, once before selling, successfully concealing rotted wood. Some areas rotted through the siding and into the 2 x 4 structure of the home. What other problems are inherent with this?
What I'm looking for are good solid comments. This will give me more fuel for research. We are taking the legal route with these people who sold us the house. I need your help so I can educate myself. Any and all please respond.
Oh, we live near Kansas City, Kansas - just in case some of you sharp one's out there can attribute any climate issues with the problems listed.